New Hire Orientation Information
Welcome, as a new employee you have certain responsibilities with respect to the completion and submission of payroll forms and enrollment in the employee benefits program, if applicable.
All of the New Hire payroll paperwork can be found under the Forms section of our website. The documents required for employment and to initiate the payroll process are as follows:
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification - Employee - Section 1. It is extremely important that you as the employee complete this section fully including the section where you attest to be one of three categories, a US citizen, a lawful permanent resident or alien authorized to work in the US. This form must be completed at time of hire, which is the actual beginning of employment. You must sign and date this form as well. You will be asked by your employer to present the required identification for evidence of identity and employment eligibility within three (3) business days of your date of hire. Please refer to the Lists of Acceptable Documents provided, please click here.
- Form W-4 - Must be completed, signed and dated to enable your employer to withhold the necessary federal income tax from your pay.
- Authorization for Automatic Deposit - this activity is optional; however, if auto deposit is selected, a personal check marked "void" must accompany the document.
- Employee Profile - Please complete this form in its entirety.
- Application for Employment - Please complete this form in its entirety; you may attach a copy of a current resume for the employment section.
All new hire paperwork should be submitted to the Human Resources Department c/o Payroll no later than the Friday before payday. Please note that you cannot be paid unitl the documents noted above are filled out completely and submitted timely to Human Resources. HIPAA information can be located here. The entire 2013 packet can be downloaded for your convenience, MI employees click here. FL employees click here.
REMINDER: Some forms are time sensitive and are due within 30 days of date of hire. Please make sure to review all forms carefully and return to your HR representative in a timely manner. In order to enroll in your healthcare benefits on the Verus Health website, please refer to this how-to guide.
Effective immediately, payroll will not be processed for any new employee without a complete set of the documents listed above. In the event these forms are submitted without proper signatures, dates, etc., they will be returned to you for final completion which will delay the payroll process. In conjunction with this process, please note that manual checks will only be produced in extreme situations but even then the proper forms must be on file with Human Resources.