SHORT-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
Short-Term Disability (STD) Insurance is an Employer paid benefit provided to all "full-time regular" employees who are unable to work because of a qualifying disability due to an injury or illness. Short-Term Disability Insurance provides income protection in the event you become disabled and are unable to work due to sickness or non-occupational injury, including pregnancy, for a short period of time.
SHORT-TERM DISABILITY (STD) INSURANCE BENEFITS FOR A QUALIFYING DISABILITY (ILLNESS OR INJURY)
- Pays 66 2/3% of your salary (up to a maximum of $750.00) per week
- STD may provide up to 26 weeks of coverage, depending upon the qualifying disability
- Zero-day (0) waiting period in the event of an accident
- Seven-day (7) waiting period in the case of an illness. An employee must use vacation and/or personal time to cover this period of loss
- Employer paid benefit
Disabilities arising from pregnancy or pregnancy-related illness are treated the same as any other illness that prevents an employee from working. Disabilities covered by workers' compensation are excluded from STD coverage.
BENEFIT AMOUNT 66 2/3% of weekly earnings
BENEFIT MAXIMUM $750.00 per week
BENEFITS BEGIN AFTER 1st day for accident, 8th day for illness
MAXIMUM BENEFIT PERIOD Up to 26 weeks
LONG-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
The Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance plan is an Employer paid benefit provided for all "Full-Time Regular" employees that provides income protection in the event an employee has become disabled from a qualifying injury or illness requiring a long-term absence from their employment.
LONG-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE (LTD) BENEFITS FOR A QUALIFYING DISABILITY (ILLNESS OR INJURY)
- Once the short-term disability benefits expire (after 26 weeks or 180 days of short-term disability insurance), long-term disability insurance may begin if your qualifying disability has been approved for LTD
- LTD pays 60% of your monthly earnings, up to a maximum amount of $10,000.00 per month
- The benefits last until you are able to return to work, or if permanently disabled, for the number of your remaining work years as defined in the LTD policy.
- LTD benefits may be offset with amounts received from Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), or by workers' compensation (if applicable)
- Maximum benefit period is attained when at "Social Security Normal Retirement Age"
- If disabled at or after age 65, benefits are payable according to an age-based schedule, as listed on the plan document
- Employer paid benefit
Please refer to your appropriate Employee Handbook, located on this website, for further information.
BENEFITS BEGIN AFTER
MAXIMUM BENEFIT PERIOD
60% of monthly earnings
$10,000.00 per month
180 days, after using 26 weeks of Short-Term Disability benefits
Social Security Normal Retirement Age, or if disabled at or after age 65, benefits payable to an age-based schedule
Life Insurance Company of North America*
*Contact Gloria Jancar, HR